|Texas Genetics paying big dividends in New England NSW
Maria River Cattle Co has been purchasing Texas bulls since the introduction by the late David Wright in 2003. They have been impressed by the bulls performance, frame, fertility and temperament and have been sole repeat buyers ever since. Shane Carey, General Manager of Maria River Cattle Co. would recommend Texas bulls to anyone wanting Angus genetics.
Maria River Cattle Co outstanding results at the New England Angus Weaner Sales over the last few years speak for themselves.
- 2006 93 steers sold and 43 steers topped the sale at $725/hd
- 2007 73 steers and 49 heifers were sale second highest price on the day
- 2008 41 weaner heifers topped the sale at $555/hd
- 2009 125 steers sold to $675 second highest at the sale
- 2008 36 PTIC maiden heifers at $774/hd topped the New England Angus Breeders Sale
- 2009 46 PTIC maiden heifers at $832 topped the New England Angus Breeders Sale
Full credit to Shane’s breeding and management program, he only just informed us they preg tested in excess of 1300 females and had only 8 dry - an amazing result!
Photo: Shane Carey
General Manager Maria River Cattle Company
(photo courtesy of The Land)